Information event H2CAST & presentation of regional development project plans
STORAG ETZEL information event on H2CAST and presentation of regional development project plans. Joint event of STORAG ETZEL and Energy Hub - Port of Wilhelmshaven.
Yesterday, employees of STORAG ETZEL and the spokesman of the corporate initiative "Energy Hub - Port of Wilhelmshaven", Mr. Uwe Oppitz (Managing Director of Rhenus Ports GmbH), presented current topics at the Etzel site as well as the status of the project planning of the regional development with regard to the energy hub Wilhelmshaven and East Frisia to interested citizens and residents of the Etzel cavern facility within the framework of a neighbourhood information event.
STORAG ETZEL's main topics at the event were the ongoing hydrogen pilot and research project "H2CAST Etzel". The representative of the business initiative "Energy Hub - Port of Wilhelmshaven" gave an insight into the planned energy projects in Wilhelmshaven and East Frisia.
Yesterday's event was very well attended with around 50 visitors. The questions on the evening's topics were discussed and largely answered in a good atmosphere. With this event format, STORAG ETZEL wants to present current, new topics at the site and create transparency.
- Here you can download the presentation slides of STORAG ETZEL as a leaflet for viewing or as a PDF file for downloading (german language).
- Here you can download the presentation slides of the Energy Hub - Port of Wilhelmshaven as a leaflet for viewing or as a PDF file (german language).
Further information on STORAG ETZEL and the Energy Hub - Port of Wilhelmshaven can be found at www.storag-etzel.de or www.H2CAST.com or www.energyhub-wilhelmshaven.de. The brochure of the Energy Hub - Port of Wilhelmshaven can be downloaded here (https://www.yumpu.com/de/document/read/66834749/energy-hub-port-of-wilhelmshaven).
STORAG ETZEL GmbH at a glance:
- For more than 50 years, STORAG ETZEL has been operating 75 underground oil and gas storage facilities in Etzel / Wittmund district.
- A total of over EUR 2 billion has been invested in the expansion of the storage facility since 2007
- There is an approved potential for expansion to 99 cavern sites
- STORAG ETZEL is a medium-sized company with over 80 employees
- There is a storage volume of >11 million m³ in 24 oil caverns (largest oil storage facility in Europe)
- The working gas storage capacity in the 51 gas caverns is more than 4.3 billion m³ I Around 1/6 of Germany's reserves are stored in Etzel
- Tenants are national and European oil stockpiling organisations and international companies from the energy sector I Long-term contracts are in place until beyond 2040
- Our future: oil, gas and H2: Start of the 1st phase of the H2 pilot project "H2CAST Etzel" in 02/22 I R&D project initially runs until the end of 2025 I Etzel becomes "H2-ready