Hydrogen Days Northwest make you want more
For ten days, the metropolitan regions of Northwest and Hamburg put the energy carrier hydrogen in the spotlight – H2CAST Etzel was part of the event series!
Press release of the Northwest Metropolitan Region
Numerous interested guests, lots of new information, exciting practical insights and satisfied organisers: the Hydrogen Days Northwest 2022 were a complete success.
In addition to a great potential along the hydrogen value chain, the entire region also has very good infrastructural prerequisites for the development and expansion into a hydrogen region. At the same time, there are already many actors here who are actively working with exciting projects to ensure that hydrogen can establish itself as the key to a successful energy transition. All those who visited the Hydrogen Days Northwest 2022 between 24 June and 3 July know this by now.
Realistic building block of the energy transition
Whether conference, workshop, network meeting, information or public event: the Hydrogen Days had something to offer for everyone. After the start of the H2 Tour in Cuxhaven, for example, anyone who wanted to could sit in a hydrogen car at various stations and experience live what environmentally friendly driving feels like.
Also on the programme: a guided bike tour to the hydrogen hotspots in Bremerhaven, the Science Truck at the Oldenburg SolarCup and the well-attended evening event "Champagne of the energy transition or hard bread?" at the Kulturmühle Berne, where guests learned first-hand how to overcome potential pitfalls in hydrogen projects. An intensive and stimulating exchange in Bohmte on the potential of hydrogen in agriculture and agricultural technology also met with great interest. STORAG ETZEL was also present with an event! The hydrogen pilot project "H2CAST Etzel" was presented by the project partners.
"It was fun to see how the different wheels interlocked and the actors put together a colourful programme," says Nicola Illing, Managing Director of the Metropolitan Region Northwest. "This shows that a strong network has grown here in which everyone can rely on each other." Based on the positive experience, several participants have already suggested planning a new edition of the Hydrogen Days for next year. And Dr. Yvonne Brodda, Climate Protection and Energy Officer at the Hamburg Metropolitan Region, adds: "It has become clear that hydrogen is increasingly changing from a hype to a realistic building block. From a hype to a realistic component of the energy transition. More and more people are taking action, and that's a good thing."
Impressions of the Hydrogen Days can be found at www.metropolregion-nordwest.de/h2-tage
The Northwest Metropolitan Region initiated the Hydrogen Days Northwest 2022 together with the regional stakeholders. The implementation was carried out in cooperation with the Hamburg Metropolitan Region. The two metropolitan regions coordinated and bundled local activities to make their expertise and competence visible under the motto "Experience hydrogen". The Hydrogen Days Northwest 2022 took place from 24.06. to 03.07.2022 parallel to the Hydrogen South 2022 Week.
The following events were held as part of the Hydrogen Days Northwest 2022:
- Cuxhaven embarks on the (hydrogen) journey | Kick-off event Hydrogen Days Northwest
- Current offers for skilled workers and perspectives on the topic of hydrogen (online)
- Oldenburg SolarCup meets hydrogen
- "Champagne of the energy transition or hard bread?" - About the big and small pitfalls in hydrogen projects and how to overcome them
- Oldenburg SolarCup meets hydrogen
- N.O.N - How do we realise a future-oriented hydrogen economy? Presentation H2.N.O.N (Online)
- Presentation Hydrogen Network @ IHK Annual Reception
- Hydrogen - a molecule makes a career! Why actually? - A taster lesson into the world of hydrogen energy (Online)
- Network meeting HyWays for Future
- Potentials of hydrogen in agriculture / agricultural technology
- Video conference "Municipal hydrogen applications II: Stationary applications" (Online)
- Science goes Public! Special edition Hydrogen Days
- Hydrogen Technology in Energy Supply Systems
- Hydrogen - the universal energy carrier for mobility in the district of Cloppenburg
- H2Skills - Further Training Needs in the Hydrogen Economy (Online)
- Science goes Public! Special Edition Hydrogen Days
- Hydrogen drive for districts, cities and municipalities Municipal utility vehicles
- Guided bicycle tour to hydrogen hotspots in Bremerhaven
- Presentation of the hydrogen pilot project "H2CAST Etzel" by the project partners
"It was fun to see how the different wheels interlocked and the actors put together a colourful programme," was the conclusion of Nicola Illing, Managing Director of the Northwest Metropolitan Region. "This shows that a strong network has grown here in which everyone can rely on each other." Based on the positive experience, several participants have already suggested planning a new edition of the Hydrogen Days for next year. And Dr. Yvonne Brodda, Climate Protection and Energy Officer at the Hamburg Metropolitan Region, adds: "It has become clear that hydrogen is increasingly turning from a hype into a realistic component of the energy transition. More and more people are taking action, and that's a good thing."