DLR: All about hydrogen research
Institute for Networked Energy Systems presents current research topics at Hannover Messe 2022
At this year's Hannover Messe from May 30 to June 2, 2022, the Institute for Networked Energy Systems put hydrogen research at the center of its presentation.
At booth B40 in hall 13 (joint area Hydrogen & Fuel Cells Europe), used together with the DLR Institute of Technical Thermodynamics, the focus was on aspects of infrastructure on the one hand. Large-volume storage and buffer solutions are needed to reliably integrate hydrogen into the future energy system. Underground salt storage facilities are suitable for this purpose, for example. The technical design, operational management and infrastructural embedding are the subject of current research questions, which were explained at the booth.
A second main topic was the development of new technologies: Current research projects were used to illustrate how, for example, hydrogen-powered fuel cell vehicles with a decentralized approach can support the future supply of electricity and heat to buildings, neighborhoods and entire districts.
Other trade show highlights:
- DLR will provide an overarching view of its overall energy research in Hall 13, Booth D18.
- Presentation "Hydrogen Quality and Analysis" by Dr. Michael Kröner, Group Leader Sector Coupling - Mobility at Institute for Networked Energy Systems | Monday, May 30, 2022, 14:15-14:30 | Technical Forum, Hall 13, Booth A80
- Overview Hannover Messe 2022
- Flyer "Hydrogen as a key element of the energy transition - Research projects at the DLR Institute for Networked Energy Systems"
- Topic page on the DLR exhibition stands at Hannover Messe 2022